Sunday, July 21, 2013

Where do we go now, Dixie Chic???

Over the past year, Darling Husband and I have been trying to decide what to do or where to go with this little "Dixie Chic" thing. It has been a busy year for me and I have missed writing (researching/exploring) and Darling Husband loves it when I write and create new things! He says my creative juices flow when I am "in that element"... and possibly that "element" flows into our meals, making them a little tastier!!

I am, however, happiest when I am creating new, and what I think, are lovely things! Whether it be a blogpost or a simple craft for my child. It may not be lovely to other's eyes and/or ears, but it is lovely in my heart!

In saying that, our thoughts were to maybe take "Dixie Chic" to the next level by creating a retail website or even open a retail location. Possibly a mobile truck...but too much travel without my family!! However, it takes a lot of time and effort, and that sometimes takes away those creative juices in my head. The stress behind it all, that is. And, to find a really good Store Manger is hard to come by (and, the process of balancing a checkbook - ugg!)

On top of that, there are a lot of nice retail locations in our area and I don't like to compete!! Not saying it may not happen someday...just not today!

So, we have decided to keep it simple one more year...or so!! And, to that, comes Social Media! What an amazing tool Social Media has become for so many who use it! Whether it be for business or pleasure...it is the new way to market ANYTHING!!

I read a great article today off of Jeff Bulla's Twitter blog titled "7 Marketing Trends You Should Not Ignore" proving that Social Media is the wave of the future for marketing any and all things. And, there are so many different ways to accomplish it...Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, Vine, SnapChat, Slideshare...I can't keep up with all of them! Even Ebay and Etsy!! But, it has brought many people success, fame (not a fan, but look what happened to Justin Bieber) and even possibly for some, simply happiness!

And, that is what it does for me...pure happiness! I don't wish to seek fame or fortune, but a "like" here and there is great!! I do however, enjoy promoting businesses in the area, finding good recipes to share, learning about new products and, of course, being able to follow my friends and favorite designers in their everyday life! I have become a big lover of Instagram, Pinterest and starting to figure out Twitter a little more (trying to phase out of Facebook - too much drama, politics, etc!). And, actually becoming a little obsessed with the @RoyalBabyWatch on Twitter!!

But, my little blog is fun, and I enjoy reading others. I am amazed that I have over 1,500 "viewers"(according to my blog stats) and I will have to say that most of them came from posting on Facebook, and now Instagram! Yes, I started it anonymously, just to spark interest, and I think it may have worked. But, over the years, if you know me, I hope you have figured out who this "Dixie Chic" really is!! Let's see what happens!! Any thoughts?!?! 

Until the next post!! Have a great Sunday!!

xoxo,

Dixie Chic



No comments:

Post a Comment