What a fantastic summer!! It really could not have been any better!!
Here are a few things from our family summer bucket list, a few we still need to complete and a few we will continue to do throughout this coming year! This is a compiled list from our entire family (not too hard to figure out which task belonged to which member) and in no particular order!! It got a little creative! Enjoy! We did!
1. Make new friends, but keep the old. We follow this all year round!
2. Plant a garden and actually grow something. This really and truly happened and I was so excited!!!!!
3. Find a way to make Skinny Fried Okra. Whole wheat flour! Okra from my garden :)
4. Make Skinny Pimento Cheese. Some things just need to be all fat! A waisted 20 minutes!
5. Walk around town after dark as a family and see the sights...with a little ice cream!
6. Go on a road trip to a new place! Highly recommend this for every summer, along with a dvd player and lots of books for the ride!
7. Pick fresh blueberries from the tree...and eat a few right out of the palm of your hand!
8. Try to eat all organic!
9. Tell a friend how much your relationship with them means to you!
10. Watch the Olympics and keep track of the Medal Count! Go USA!
11. Learn about a new country! London, of course!
12. Run as a family through sprinklers. Water was so strong it flew one child about 4 feet...giggles from the entire family!
13. Go bowling and wear funky knee socks! Next, midnight bowling...adults only!
14. Draw a Chalk Art family mural on the back porch...and make mommy look extra skinny and beautiful!
15. Take a pottery class for kids and manage not to break anything!
16. See a famous person! Totally happened...someone I had a huge crush on in college! Not so cute now!
17. Organize at least one room in the house...or one drawer!
18. Play putt-putt golf and, in conjunction, realize this could be a new after school activity!!!
19. Clean out the garage. Still has not happened...hint hint Darling Husband!
20. Have a lemonade stand or garage sale and give all the proceeds to charity!
21. Have a water balloon fight!
22. Fly a kite! Each kid had their own kite...each kite got tangled together...each kite then got tangled in the sand dunes...each kite got tangled in the trash!!
23. Make homemade ice cream! Yummy chocolate thanks to Darling Husband!
24. Find a new summer beverage. Fresh Fruit Mint Sangria!
25. Make that Mountain Dew Glow thing on Pinterest! Did not work...need to try again! Any advice?
26. Read a Novel. Does the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy count??
27. Read a chapter book as a family! Not Fifty Shades!
28. Go to Sonic Happy Hour...and NOT get Mozzarella Sticks!
29. Dig for dinosaurs...and find prehistoric worms! Yuck!
30. Pick a date night and act like college kids. Check, check, check!
31. Watch a Sunrise and Sunset. May have a little something to do with the above!
32. Go to a drive-in movie. It rained!
33. Find a new "at home" work-out. I refuse to get babysitters in the summer unless absolutely necessary! Not so successful...had to cut out the pimento cheese but not the Sangria!
34. Build a life size Robot. Not happening!
35. Pet a baby shark. Yep!
36. Go on a kayaking trip/adventure as a family...now that is a work-out!
37. Go oyster diving...waiting until the fall to do this!
38. Go on a family fishing trip and everyone catch something! I had the smallest catch...a baby snapper! We threw it back to it's mommy!
39. Have a family camp out...this occurred in our den...enough said!
40. Go and get inspired at Duh and Ikea! Now my brain is on overdrive!
41. Try some new restaurants! Still have not checked off The Biscuit King, Old 27 Grill, Tru Midtown, the new Gambino's or the new burger joint at The Wharf! Need to do ferris wheel, too!
42. Take the kids to eat at a nice white table cloth restaurant...this occurred several times and with success...thanks to Angry Birds and Stack the States!
43. Take the kids to a great Steakhouse...their favorite meal and our favorite bottle of wine! Darling Husband in his best caveman-like voice says, "These children WILL adapt to our lifestyle!" Thank you again to the brains within Apple Inc.
44. Catch and/or pick an entire meal and cook together! Check, Check, check, several times! I love summer cookin'!
45. Fly in a crop duster...this did not happen, but would be so exhilarating!
46. Make friendship bracelets! Or, buy them! Did both!
47. Make ribbon wands and dance outside to fun music! Very Cute!
48. Attempt to get "Call Me Maybe" permanently brainwashed out of my head!
49. Smile lots and whine (or wine) less...this was a goal for the whole family!
50. Make a photo book of the entire summer to cherish the memories and transfer those thoughts into the upcoming school year!
Until next summer!!