Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fish Stories!!

Snapper season is running out! Make room in the freezer, pile all the kids on the boat that you can possibly find (to increase those numbers) and get out there!!!! Don't have a boat, make friends with someone who does...real fast! Don't have any friends with boats, go to your local fish market!!!

I love seeing all the (bragging) pictures on FB of the wonderful summer fishing going on!!! Good memories and great stories (even if some of those are a little exaggerated - you know they are and we have our husbands to blame). But, most of all - Good Eating!!!!

Which brings me to my latest Snapper Recipe. Bear in mind, I kind of threw it together, but Darling Husband loved it!!

Red Snapper with Creamy Polenta, Mushrooms and Lemon Butter Sauce


Two big Snapper fillets skinned and marinated in Olive Oil, Orange Juice and salt and pepper
One Bag of Polenta - I buy Bob's Red Mill Polenta - Publix I think?
Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (A Fresh Block is the only way to get Parmesan!)
One container of Baby Bella Mushrooms cleaned and sliced
One Stick of Unsalted Butter
Two Large Lemons
Fresh Thyme Sprigs - A handful will do


Cook/Grill your Snapper to your liking. We pan seer it in a Cast Iron Pan for about 4 minutes on each side then broil it, still in the cast iron pan, in the oven until the top is a little crispy. Cook the Polenta as suggested on the packaging (I cooked about a cup and a half for the two of us and there was enough left over for breakfast the next morning!!) and add a little of the Whipping Cream and the Parmesan Cheese to give it a creamy, rich consistency. Saute the Mushrooms in a little olive oil, salt and pepper (I always add a little truffle oil to my mushrooms while they are cooking - Publix again!). Combine the Butter and Lemon in a small sauce pan and cook until the butter is melted stirring every once in a while.


To plate, first spoon on the Polenta in the center of the plate, place the Snapper on top, then sprinkle with mushrooms, drizzle the lemon butter sauce (I tend to pile it on) and top with the Fresh Thyme leaves leaving a few on the sprigs on top for show!!!!

It really is quite tasty, is great for leftovers and will work with any type of good eating fish (Sea Bass, Trigger, Amberjack)! Darling Husband, who is from the South as well, does not care for grits. I don't know what is wrong with him!!! But, if I call it Polenta (which is actually "corn grits") he will eat it!! So, much that his (and my) plate were licked clean!!!!

I will, however, have to brag on my fish story...Darling Husband asked which famous chef takes credit for this meal, and I proudly answered, "Me!"

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Dixie Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment