Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

Holiday weekends!! If only every day could be a holiday! Family, friends, great food, fun drinks, possibly a new outfit is involved!?! Mornings in the water or in the sand playing with the kids, grilled hot dogs and soggy chips for lunch, late hot afternoons sipping on cocktails while chit-chatting and watching the kids run freely until they start rubbing their little eyes, and finally, at nightfall, having a big beautiful dinner with a smooth bottle of Pinot and watching the starry sky light up with an abundance of magical fireworks!! Oh, how I love a holiday!!!!
I have a wonderful weekend planned! I only hope yours is as amazing as ours will be…wherever you are! Darling husband is, of course, grilling! Kids are ecstatic about the upcoming fireworks! And, I am joyously cooking up a storm in my little ruffled apron (to not mess up one of my cute summer rompers!) Reminder to myself, purchase an apron that says “Kiss the Cook!”
But, how great are holidays, especially summer holidays! It is a wonderful excuse to take a day off of work (if I were still a "working-woman" I would take the whole week!). And, why is it that sometimes holidays are the only time we get together with the ENTIRE family. Some of you may prefer that?! Not going to elaborate on that one!!
Holidays also make a great excuse to eat and drink whatever you wish without worrying about the caloric intake! Go ahead and eat that loaded burger or slab of ribs!!! Drink that Bushwhacker instead of that Ultra! Order that appetizer of Fried Pickles and Ranch (the pickles are a vegetable!) And, don’t even think about passing up on that dessert that looks like an American flag (it’s healthy – 1/4th of it is strawberries and blueberries!!!). Work it off on Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday, depending on how many Bushwhackers you choose to partake upon!! I do not suggest Pilates though, it will come back to haunt you (try a good, long run to make you sweat it out!!!). But, have fun because this holiday, the fourth day of July and our day of declaring Independence, only happens once a year!
Which sadly reminds me that this day also marks the middle of summer, which means that summer is half-way over! Seriously! Half-way over!! Some of you may like the sound of that – meaning the kids being back in school, is just a sling-shot away! I, personally, am saddened! Our summers, here on “The Gulf” are a treasure! And, I look forward to spending every day of the rest of my summer doing just that! Treasuring it!! To be continued!!
Let’s make every day a Holiday!!
Happy 4th!!
XOXO,
Dixie Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment