Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day to my thighs!!!

Change of plans!!!

After playing all day at the beautiful, white sandy beach, (oops, "The Gulf") Darling Husband (DH) and I decide to stop by The Wharf on our way home for a quick, light dinner with the little ones. Bad mistake, unless you are in 80's concert mode!! Def Leopard was playing there with Heart!! Not quite the venue for little innocent ears (the kids, that is!).

So, DH decides we are going to have a fish fry!!! Oh yea!! This includes snapper, shrimp, oysters and, of course, okra!!! And, let's not forget the Homemade Peach Ice Cream I made (I meant the kids and I made) this morning for dessert!!!

DH's recipe for the batter: Pour Flour into a Gallon size Zip-Lock Bag, sprinkle in Lemon Pepper Seasoning, Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper and Garlic Powder. Add Seafood, Shake then Fry!!! I usually like to start everything in a milk/egg wash before I batter it up, but he totally skips this step! It's still all fried and it's still all good!!!

Gonna have to workout extra hard tomorrow!!!!

Until next year, Happy Father's Day, again!!!

XOXO,

Dixie Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment